[GUEST POST] Top 10 Myths of Gamification
1. Gamification is new.
2. Gamification is a passing fad.
3. Gamification is worthless because it's superficial.
4. The name's too ugly to last.
5. Gamification is no different from a game. It's a distinction without a difference.
The Olympic events are games. The medal ceremonies with podiums and flags and national anthems are gamification. [Comment by Keith from Gametize: Game lets people escape from the real world. Gamification lets people escape IN the real world]
6. Gamification is by nature less important than a real game.
7. A lot of people won't buy in.
8. Gamification is a science.
9. Gamification is easy.
10. Gamification exploits people.
This post was contributed by Mark Schreiber, guest writer
Mark Schreiber is a full time novelist since graduating high school at the age of 15. He also engineered his sister’s bestselling writing career and started and run several businesses, including a solo medical practice. He’s currently interested in technological entrepreneurship in Singapore and Silicon Valley.