Gamification for HR: Using Game Designs and Thinking to Engage and Motivate Your Employees
In this age of connectivity and social media, orthodox means of recruiting new talent are increasingly defunct and L&D managers are struggling to engage existing talent with boring e-learning solutions. This disengagement also extends to other areas such as compliance training, safety and health, innovation management, and culture building.
Gamification is the application of game psychology and game mechanics into real life or non-game settings which has been increasingly used to address the lack of engagement in various businesses today with proven results. In this session, the speaker(s) will illustrate how Gametize and other organisations have used gamification to solve different HR issues, and maintain engagement with the best and brightest talents of today. Gametize is a gamification platform serving both MNCs and SMEs, with more than 300,000 users and 15 million completed challenges since 2012.
1. What can gamification adopt from game thinking, game designs, positive psychology, and motivation frameworks
2. The psychology behind gamification, and Gametize’s design framework for community engagement
3. Current trends, best practices, and case studies in gamification for HR in different areas (e.g. L&D, recruitment, compliance)
4. SMU Case study: How gamification has been applied to engage more than 1,000 students in SMU. SMU’s GameLead won 2 awards at Wharton-Quacquarelli Symonds Stars Reimagine Education Conference & Awards 2015 (http://www.smu.edu.sg/news/2016/01/15/smu-scores-three-awards-oscars-higher-education)
5. Gametize Case study: How Gametize has used its gamification technology to attract, review and engage with applicants from the hiring to onboard
Building Consumer & Community Advocacy with Gamification Designs
Customer advocacy & community engagement covers every stage of the customer journey, from awareness, to retention, to advocacy and beyond. In light of technological advancements and in this age of connectivity and social media, traditional promotional and engagement methods are no longer enough, and plenty of organizations have turned to gamification to engage and build advocates out of their customers. In today’s climate, influence and authenticity is key. According to studies, 84% of Millennials say user-generated content – such as testimonials and reviews – have at least some influence on what they buy, and social influencers are just an example of one of the new ways to gain trust among customers.
In this session, the speaker(s) will be illustrating how Gametize and other organizations have used gamification to build customer advocacy and community engagement strategies. We will explore how participants can build self-sustaining and thriving communities for their organizations and/or brand. This session will equip participants with knowledge on essential theories and use cases of gamification implemented by Gametize and other organizations. Gametize is a gamification platform serving both MNCs and SMEs, with more than 300,000 users and 15 million completed challenges since 2012.
1. The psychology and motivation theories behind gamification
2. Current trends and case studies in gamification for customer engagement & community-building
3. Key fundamentals of gamification and Gametize’s design framework
4. How to leverage various digital tools to create a gamified customer journey
5. Turning “cheating” behaviors into a leverage for building retention and advocacy