[GUEST POST] How Gamification Works at the Workplace
Gamification and the World
Gamification at Work
How does Gamification positively affect the workplace?
- Increase employee productivity
- Increase the quality of work
- Improve employee morale
- Increase employee retention
1. Company: Microsoft
2. Company: Umbel (MVPindex)
The whole purpose of playing Umbelmania was to get points. The points were highly meaningful for the players as they indicated how far a player could advance into the interviewing process which gave a simple and clear estimate for the interviewees if they were well-suited for the applied job.
3. Company: SAP
SAP couldn’t afford sales representatives having insufficient knowledge or to be unaware of the intricacies of its complex product line. Hence, the company leveraged gamification techniques and developed an application which was a game show called RoadWarrior.
How does Gamification negatively affect the workplace
1. Disneyland Resort: It can create an unfair and unhappy working environment
2. Failure to make every employee feel valued
Check out how other companies have been using Gametize to gamify their workplace here.